Access data via file system
Unix + Linux
Within the ZMAW network direct access to our data sets via file system is possible through the path /data/icdc on all ZMAW Unix workstations and servers. This path is mounted automatically, so it is ready to use.
It is also possible to access these data sets via Windows:
1. Click "Start" > "(My) Computer"
If not available, open Windows Explorer (right click on "Start" > "Explore") and click on "Computer" > you see the hard drives
2. Choose "Tools" - "Map network drive" from top menu
3. Choose drive letter (e.g. Z:)
4. Insert \\scratch1\icdc in the empty "Folder:" field
5. If you want to add this drive permanently, click "Reconnect at logon"
6. Now you can access the data via the chosen drive letter (e.g. Z:).
Mac OS X
Under Mac OS X you can also map this drive:
1. Open Terminal (Programme- Dienstprogramme - Terminal)
2. Enter the following term:
mount -t smbfs //scratch1/icdc icdc
3. Password: leave empty and press Enter
4. Now you can access the data via the folder icdc in your home directory.